Sunday, November 1, 2009

more NICE photos - some things I like

One of my favorite restaurants - ever and anywhere.
from Frommer's review:
The chef at this popular harborside restaurant has been named the best Italian chef in Nice. That this honor should go to a vegetarian restaurant was the most startling part of the news. Chef Marco, who opened his restaurant in 1997 after cooking for many years in Rome, certainly has a fine pedigree -- he's a relative of the late Luciano Pavarotti. He serves refined cuisine at reasonable prices, using recipes from Italy's Piedmont region and updating them with no meat or fish. The red-and-green decor (the colors of Italy) will put you in the mood for the creative cuisine. You'll have to trust Marco, though, because everyone is served the same meal. You can count on savory cuisine using lots of herbs, Italian cheeses, beans, and pasta. Lasagna is a specialty


Brocantic - an antique store in France. I loved their sign.


Yup, another sign I liked.

I loved the colors here (obviously really excellent in person) with the windows lit up in the yellow building and the dark blue sky backdrop and the green lights at the bottom.
The public transportation train tracks went over grass
We stumbled upon a band playing in the streets, big party!
I think I took this picture because I thought it was funny how "Jager Bomb" was written large, red, and bold as well as followed by 6 exclamation points - what the? I guess they are popular in Nice.
And this is where I fell in love with olives...ah, the black olives from the south of France, wow. Oh, and the big beers were good too.
I thought some people would enjoy this. These are the t-shirts from the restaurant next to the one where we were drinking Leffe beers.
Jason in his super tourist outfit, wearing my Floro's Marina t-shirt from Toussaint, Ohio (got it on my way to Cedar Point one year)
And some more signs.
Yup, I miss baguettes.
Yup, I miss the olives.
Yup, I miss the morning espresso's.
and of course the "suggestion du jour" - S-exotique! Haha!
Famous hotel - Negresco.
Some nice palm trees.

A nice looking building
Club Med - our cheap hotel. it was close to the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment